Monsoon Madness 2019
- August 9 – 11, 2019
- Second floor , Students Amenity Center , Cochin Unveristy of Science and Technology.
- 0484 2577354, 0484 2577355
Department of Youth Welfare is organizing ‘Monsoon Madness: experiencing nature’ for selected 40 students of the University from 09 – 11, August, 2019 at Ottamarampaara, Wagamon, Idukki. Students of the University Departments and Constituent Colleges of Cochin University of Science and Technology can participate.
Monsoon is an ideal time to experience the nature. The primary goal of the camp is to provide the students with an opportunity to immerse themselves into nature and get a better sense of understanding and appreciation about the resources and deep beauty of nature. The camp will provide the fundamentals for self-improvement, as well as teach sportsmanship, leadership, and teamwork.
- Forest trekking is not a picnic; it is a journey for experience and learn. Follow the camp discipline and routines to make your trip an unforgettable one in the lap of nature.
- Attend the camp in an ‘open mind’. Campers should adjust with the food and accommodation facilities available in the camp site.
- A donation of ` 300/ (Rupees One Hundred Only) will be charged to meet a part of expenses. Few seats are reserved for the staff of the University. Application of staff must be forwarded by the Registrar. Selection will be based on first come first serve basis.
- Separate dormitory accommodation will be provided for boys and girls. Carry only the essential items so that you can minimize the weight of the rucksack. Participants are requested to carry blanket, umbrella, raincoat, hat etc., if necessary.
- Participants should be physically fit, as trekking consumes a lot of energy and stamina.
- Smoking and drinking of alcohol is strictly prohibited. Misbehavior from the side of the participants will be treated seriously and will be reported to the University for necessary action.
- Please bring eco-friendly clothes in subtle or camouflage colours. Avoid using clothes with bright and fluorescent colours.
- Don’t bring valuable items like gold or precious jewelry, expensive mobile phones, cameras, MP3 players, etc. as these objects may get lost or ruined. Hearing music from electronic devices, playing electronic / mobile games should be avoided. Keep maximum silence always as it may create disturbance to the birds and animals.
- Each camper has to talk about their experiences in the camp.
- RESPECT other campers, staff members, their belongings and the natural environment.